16.8.14

The Waves - Virginia Woolf




Mais trechos....

"You are all protected. I am naked" ( Louis)

"I have had one moment of enormous peace. This perhaps is happiness. now I am drawn back by privking sensations; by curiosity, greed (I am hungry) and the irresistible desire to be myself"

"I fail before I reach the end and fall in a heap, damp, perhaps disgusting. I excite pity in the crises of life, not love. Therefore, I suffer horribly" (Neville)

"I rise from my worst disasters, I turn, I change. Pebbles bounce off the mail of my muscular, my extend body. In this pursuit I shall gro old." (Neville)

"I am afraid of the shock of sensations that leaps upon me, because I cannot deal with it as you do - I cannot make one moment merge in the next. To me they are all violent, all separate, and if I fall under the shock of the leap of the moment you will be on me, tearing me to pieces." (Rhoda)

"I do not know how to run minute to minute and hour to hour, solving them by some natural force until they make the whole and indivisible mass that you call life" (Rhoda)


"The only sayings I understand are cries of love, hate, rage and pain" (Susan)

"I love with such ferocity that it kills me when the object of my love shows by a phrase that he can escape"  (Susan)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Resenha: Seja homem (JJ Bola - Editora Dublinense)

Seja Homem é um livro que busca analisar a construção da masculinidade no patriarcado, discutindo como as práticas do que seria “ser um home...